So, I ran my first 10K since college on Saturday at the Charlotte Racefest in Southpark. As I posted before, I have been running alot- with the kiddies- and that really got me in great shape for the race. I finished 7th in my age group, 125th overall (out of 870 racers)- not bad!! I ran what I wanted- 49:29. As long as I broke 50 minutes I was going to be happy! The best part about the entire race was when I was coming up the last hill I looked over to the side and there was my little family cheering! Ron was standing there with all three in the jog stroller! It just made my day. Even gave me a reason to kick it up a little! I wasn't sure if they were going to make it or not and, boy, was I excited to see them! So, now I am in search for my next race to keep my momentum up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment