Rhino Research
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Will had his first school project this month. He was studying about animals in Literacy Class and had to choose an animal and write a 1 page paper on it as well as create its habitat. Will LOVES the rhino. I mean he REALLY LOVES rhinos! So, to get started, I asked him how we should find out about rhinos. I suggested we could go to the Library (you know, look in the World Book Encyclopedia) or we could check the internet. He said "Let's check the computer- it has a brain, books don't"! Too funny! So, we pulled up NGC Kids and watched a video on rhinos and read all about them. After, we sat down and I asked him a bunch of questions and he wrote the answers down. After we were done, he said 'That's done!' I then had to explain to him that this was a rough draft and he was going to have to write it again. Then it was time to get to work on his rhino and habitat. He set to work with modeling clay and pounded out a really good rhino - he was REALLY proud of this! He did a great job of it. I was really proud of him. I took him to Michaels to pick out something to use for grass and the paint color he wanted to use on the rhino. He did such a great job. His habitat- done mostly himself- turned out great. I had to help, a little, with cutting the grass and spreading the clay on the bottom. He had to deliver his paper to his class. That was very exciting to him! What fun for a first project!
Posted by Megan at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment