Well, it's true! Charlotte is experiening a media induced Gas shortage. Of course, there is actually a problem getting gas here, but there are lines at gas stations that go on and on. People are waiting for 2-3 hours in line for gas. I know this because I am running on fumes in the van. Yesterday, Ben, Kate and I went out to run some errands and I saw all these crazy lines at local gas stations so I called Ron to see what was going on. Did I miss something??? He said that the radio and news stations were predicting a MAJOR gas shortage- so, as in good Charlottean form, everyone panicked and went out to get gas- creating the shortage! It's a good thing no one predicted a snow storm too! Then we would not only be out of gas but milk and bread,too! Anway, I was sure I had enough gas to last a few days- then on our way back from errands, the dreaded gas light comes on! So, I try 3 gas stations and they are all out! Mind you, I had already driven by several that were out. So, I think, I still have to drive 9 miles each way to get Will from school. Surely I will be able to find gas on the way. NOPE! So I call my friend Jane to see how far I can go once the light turns on (couldn't reach Ron) and much to my dismay, I realize I just might not have enough gas to get home! Well, I just made it. I mean that gas gague is so below the E that I don't know if it will start- And I still haven't found any gas!! So, we have a half gallon in the lawn mower tank. Hopefully, we can use that once some gas gets here! As for now, I am driving the accord and Ron is driving the miata. Thank God, we have 3 cars and the others had gas!!! Hope none of you are feeling my pain right now!!!
Okay- An update on the gas 'crisis': I finally got 6 gallons this morning! It was all I was allowed to pump- $25. Anway, there really is a shortage- apparently we are opperating at about 50% of the usual volume. Anway, now the van has gas- thanks to Mindy who called me while driving carpool to say that Blanchards (little station on Carmel) has gas and the line was not to bad. Only waited about 15 minutes!
Really?? No Gas??
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Posted by Megan at 2:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Is it an excuessed absent if there is no gas to get the kids to school???
Post a Comment